Albert Rivera – Saxophonist, Composer, Bandleader, Clinician and Director Of Operations at Litchfield Performing Arts
It is my honor to annouce I am a recipent of the City Artist Corps Grant. This is made possible through the New York City Artist Corps, New York Foundation of the Arts, and the New York City Cultural Affairs. The show will be featuring Luques Curtis on Bass, Ian Carroll on Drums, Will Evans on Piano, Andrew Hadro on Baritone Sax and spoken word artist and poet Joél Leon. This show will be presented for free the Bronx Library Center on October 16th, 2021 at 2:30 pm.
Upcoming Show Announcements
- October 13th – Salsa Verde Taqueria and Bar Somers, NY 6pm – 8pm Doug Munro / Albert Rivera Duo
- October 16th – www.nypl.org/events/programs 2:30 pm – 3:45 pm Albert Rivera Quintet with special guest Joél Leon Bronx Library Center presentend and made possible through the City Artist Corps Grant – Free 310 East Kingsbridge Road Bronx, NY
- October 17th – Sunday Jazz Brunch – Email For Details (Greenwich, CT)
- October 24th – Sunday Jazz Brunch – Email For Details (Greenwich, CT)
- October 27th – Salsa Verde Taqueria and Bar Somers, NY 6pm – 8pm Doug Munro / Albert Rivera Duo
- October 31st – Milford Arts Center, Milford, CT – Jazz Brunch – Doug Munro and La Pompe Attack
- November 6th – The Bean Runner, Peekskill, NY Doug Munro and La Pompe Attack
- November 7th – Sunday Jazz Brunch – Email For Details (Greenwich, CT)
- November 13th – The Latin Heartbeat Orchestra New Haven, CT (Location & Time TBA)
- November 14th – Sunday Jazz Brunch – Email For Details (Greenwich, CT)
- November 21st – Sunday Jazz Brunch – Email For Details (Greenwich, CT)
- November 28th – Sunday Jazz Brunch – Email For Details (Greenwich, CT)
- December 4th – The Bean Runner, Peekskill, NY Doug Munro and La Pompe Attack (Christmas Show!)
- December 11th – Mohonk Mountain House – New Paltz, NY Doug Munro and La Pompe Attack, A Very Gypsy Christmas
- December 18th – Special Livestream Christmas Show – (TBA)
For more info regarding Sunday Jazz Brunch in Greenwich, CT – Please email me.
Support by Donating Although some shows are starting to pop up again, it’s still troubled times for musicians. If you would like and are able to donate to support me during these times you may do so via two online sources. A phone app (Venmo) and via Paypal (Website or App)
via venmo – @ bronxsax (venmo.com/bronxsax) via paypal – @ bronxsax (paypal.me/bronxsax)
Future Bookings – 2021/2022 and beyond
If you have events in which you would like music via my Classic Jazz Band, Latin Jazz Band, The Albert Rivera Electric Band and Doug Munro’s La Pompe Attack (Gypsy Jazz) please send an email. Note I am accepting early bookings. At this moment, no deposits will be required to limit issues with possible future cancellations due to Covid19.
I was part of “Where We Live” on NPR hosted by John Dankosky.
It was my an honor to be a part of it, so why not take a listen? Click here
25th Annual Litchfield Jazz Camp (2022)
“I am proud to be the Director of Operations at The Litchfield Jazz Camp. This coming year we are thrilled to present the 26th Annual Litchfield Jazz Camp. LJC has a WORLD CLASS faculty and is located at a beautiful venue! Hosted at the Gunnery (Washington, CT), students have the opportunity to study with some of today’s top jazz musicians. From ensemble coaching to one-on-one private lessons, Litchfield has you covered!”
For more information, visit the Litchfield Jazz Camp website.
2021 City Artist Corps Grant Recipient. This grant is made possible by the NYFA, NYC Cultural Affairs and City Artist Corps. This grant is given to artist throughout New York City to help with the revitalization of the city’s unique and diverse artists! #cityartistcorps